Friday 3 May 2013

A Lovely Treat


It was a real treat to receive a large parcel this morning which contained my quilt La Serenissima (see it a few blog posts previously) and a delectable basket of gorgeous fabric and thread goodies from Zigzags, who sponsored the 1st Prize in the Innovative Quilt section of the Quilt and Stitch Village Show last weekend.

A luscious red rozette and trophy were also included together with my 1st Place certificate. It brightened up an otherwise dreary day in which I spend all my time in the studio.

I'm trying to somehow get ahead of myself as quite unexpectedly I am a lot busier than I had anticipated and I'm aiming to make some journal quilts for this and the coming month ahead of time so I can stop stressing about them and enjoy my other activities.

I will be exhibiting at the Loch Lomond Quilt Show with my 52 Journals project (from the 15th - 18th May) and will try and be there at least some of the time although I'm not looking forward to all those 180 miles round trips.

Tomorrow I'll be at the Preview of the Take a Piece of Thread exhibition by the Peebles Embroiderers's Guild at the Tweeddale Gallery in Peebles where another of my quilts Thread Tangle will be hanging.  That exhibition will continue till the 21st June. Remember that the gallery closes for lunch from 12.30 - 1 on weekdays, and isn't open on Saturday afternoons or Sundays. It's all go at the moment! Photography is not allowed in the gallery but I'll try and picture something of the event.

3 comments:

Jewels said...

What a lovely package of goodies to receive Frieda!

Linda said...

Wonderful package, looks like fun for future projects.

theresa martin said...

Congrats and what a yummy basket of goodies. You are a busy girl.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails