Sunday 20 October 2013

A New Dawn

 My very good and creative friend Lenna has a challenge ongoing on the Blipfoto site. Every Sunday she dedicates her blip to a sky picture. She invites us all to participate and as I was walking the dogs this morning it struck me that today was definitely a sky day. The early morning light was just gorgeous.
I couldn''t help but try and capture it and here are some of the pictures I took. They also brought to mind several quotations about the dawn. These are two favourites:

"Only that day dawns to which we are awake". (Henri David Thoreau).
"There is only one day left, always starting over. It is given to us at dawn and taken away from us at dusk" (Jean-Paul Sartre)

1 comment:

creativelenna said...

I just found this Frieda! (I have been rather remiss about following blogs lately). I love all your photos but the one you chose for your blip is my most favorite! I love the quote too. So glad to be able to share things with you despite the fact we live miles apart!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails