Saturday 9 November 2013

Top Secret

I'm working on a top secret quilt about which I can tell you nothing. I can't even whisper about it in your ear! The name is Bond, Jane Bond, and I'm a quilter, ha, ha. So sorry about this lack of information but all will be revealed in due course at next year's Loch Lomond Quilt Show where this quilt will form part of the Chinese Whispers project by the Thistle Quilters group. I collected the quilt made by the previous person in the group yesterday to serve as my inspiration, and to my amazement I took one look at it (it's beautiful) and an idea immediately popped up in my head. I love it when that happens, and it was especially good for this project as I only have a limited period of time to produce the work.
So I really shouldn't have gone off on an outing today but I wanted to pay a quick visit to the first exhibition of the Pieceful Patchers, held at St. Matthews RC Church in nearby Rosewell. And I was very pleased I went. Not only were the quilts lovely but so was the tea and cake, and there was an opportunity to indulge in fabric and books too. What could be better!
And it also solved the question of what to blip today. St. Matthews is quite a modern building, having opened in 1926 and it's a beauty as you can see, designed by Archibald MacPherson. In the end I choose the above picture as my blip for the day.

1 comment:

Terri said...

Hello Frieda,
Now I am intrigued! I am sure I will be inspired. I will have to be patient to see what you are up to now. Did you bring home some new fabric?
This is an interesting building and grounds. I really love the image of all the arches.
Hugs,
Terri

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails