Wednesday 4 December 2013

Roses in Winter

Roses in winter are almost more exciting than roses in summer. In the summer there is lots of colour about everywhere and the roses are only a part of that greater glory. But a rose in winter is rare indeed.

These roses caught my eye when visiting the Newsagents in West Linton. There were only two bunches left and together with the shopkeeper I managed to inveigle John to buy them both for me. There was a bit of haggling involved but we were successful in the end! One bunch was deep red and the other orange and they make for a splendid display in our kitchen.
They are also fulfilling their ultimate destination of featuring in my blip today! Oh yes, there is method in my madness! It's the top picture that takes the spotlight. It was taken with flash on which added all that delectable detail.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails