Monday 7 April 2014

It's all One Colour


The arrival of a new week brings a new challenge on The Documented Life Project. In fact it arrives before the week does, being announced  about 5pm on the preceding Saturday (that's UK time). This week it was: Monochromatic. I searched among my stack of gelli plate printed papers and it was quite difficult to find a piece that had only one colour. I'm most definitely a multi coloured sort of person. But by judiciously cutting I ended up with a mainly blue piece of the right size to fit into my 2014 Moleskine planner

I also found some matching gelli print painted deli paper featuring a 3 heart stencil which I've owned since the early 90's.I cut out the hearts and arranged them on the background. Next I found an outfit in a Wrap catalogue that fitted in nicely colourwise but of which I didn't like the model's face. No problems, plenty of other models were available in the catalogue and I cut off the head of another one and added it to the dress I liked.


I then set to work with a large variety of markers, paints and pens and doodled away on the piece till I was happy with the way it looked. I journalled the text: "it's all one colour to me" on various places. 3 bits of sparkle were the finishing touch.


4 comments:

massofhair said...

Brill page Frieda, love blue and have completed my page in the same colours:-) x

creativelenna said...

lovely art in monotone shades. I like the magazine cut out too and how you have embellished it :)

Linda Kunsman said...

oh how very pretty Frieda! I too would have a bit of trouble finding something monochromatic in my stash:):)

Terri said...

Ooooh this is wonderful! I love the one color theme. And I love the way you created your page!
Hugs,
Terri

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails