Thursday 3 July 2014

La Linea d'oro 7 Journal Quilt

With the arrival of July it is time to show the latest addition in my series of monthly journal quilts, sized 8 x 8" made for the Contemporary Quilt Group. Their requirement is to have a line going from side to side in each quilt and I choose to have a golden line. I am using gelli plate printed fabrics for all my quilts this year and I used a wide variety of circular stencils in the process. In fact I've gone circle mad with them. At the end of this year I will put all the pieces together into one large quilt.

The quilts are all cut from a very large background piece I made back in January where I used an iron-on interfacing and patched pieces of all the fabrics on top and then ironed them down. Additional circles were appliquéd to each journal quilt after each quilt was cut from that large piece. As you can see I have embellished to my hearts content using a wide variety of sequins in all the clours of the rainbow.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails