Thursday 12 March 2015

Dereliction Development

It's Dereliction Thursday on the Blipfoto site as it is every Thursday. I don't always participate but I was driving around today meeting up and having lunch with a friend so decided to keep an eye out for dereliction and then when I found some, to stop on the way back home.

I found lots of it but mostly in places where stopping the car would not be such a great idea so I was very pleased when I spotted this near Newlandrig. I'm guessing here but the collection of sheds I spotted looked like the remains of a chicken farm and you're be pleased to know that it is now available to purchase for residential development! Guess it's going to be some time till it's habitable though! I wish I could have gotten a bit closer but first of all the site was padlocked to the hilt and secondly I wasn't dressed for climbing over gates so decided to give that a miss.

For my blip today I have taken the above picture, cropped it and turned it into a dramatic black and white image. You can check it out here.

1 comment:

Linda Kunsman said...

very interesting building to photograph and I love the black and white version-so atmospheric!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails