Sunday 3 May 2015

Fabric is My Life

The Documented Life Project 2015 has a new theme for May and it's one close to my heart: Touchy Feely (texture), and this week's Art Challenge: fabric,is even better! The Journal Prompt is: The Fabric of your Life. What a treat! I started with a piece of heavy duty watercolour paper, grabbed my box of vintage lace and started stitching them onto the paper. For once I remembered to take a picture.
Then I used a selection of Dylusions spray inks and added colour. The fabric rather soaks up the inks but the colour worked beautifully. I also scraped on some yellow and pink acrylic paint.
I was definitely in the mood for sparkle and added it in the shape of Stewart Gill Galatica Golden Orange Glitter. It looks very coppery and for once I managed to capture it on camera. The piece didn't need much more apart from the text. I used my label writer to add Fabric is My Life text and sewed it on.
Finally I made a discovery when I turned the page over and discovered that my sewing lines had acted as stencils when I sprayed on the inks and had provided an interesting pattern on the back. Something to tuck away as an idea for future use!

4 comments:

Jewels said...

Really like this - my boxes and bags and trim and fabric are screaming at me to get going LOL...I'm a bit behind and still working on geli plate :( Agree with you though, like this months theme and interested what the other challenges will be....(love that orange glitter too)

peggy gatto said...

I just
KNEW
YOU would create a beautiful page. I think I need to try delusion paints!!

Jo said...

It's great to see the process here and the close up photos are great for seeing the detail. I really love the colours you have chosen too. :)

Linda Kunsman said...

No surprise about how glorious this challenge turned out for you!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails