Friday 14 August 2015

Live Inspired

It is hard to imagine a bigger contrast in weather between yesterday's warm sunshine and today's miserable wet and grey appearance. I'm not ready to leave all that sun behind so I'm returning to a sunny day back in June when I made this spread in my art journal, just for fun. It uses stencils (mainly from Balzer Designs) in the background as well as collage with vintage text and images, all from an old newspaper I had dating back to the early 1900's. The focal images of the 2 beautiful fashion plates come from the same paper and advertise the lovely gowns they are wearing.
 I coloured some of them in for further emphasis.
 Her hat is pretty spectacular too.
What I love most about this spread are those gloriously hot colours which make me feel warm even when it's damp and miserable outside.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails