Saturday 3 October 2015

Lust for Life

It is high time I got on with catching up with myself and the spreads I did over the summer in my Dylusions art journal, so here is one, made on 8th June. For the background I used a wide range of acrylic paints with the main one being Paynes Grey which makes this a darker spread than my usual ones. However the fluorescent pink and yellow brighten it up considerably. I used stencils by Stencilgirl (the Tropical Floral stencil and the Cornish Petals one)
Some long treasured magazine images were added to the mix as well as washi tape featuring bird silhouettes. The title too came from a magazine and I further embellished the letters. A piece of vintage text seen above reads: "its memory is shrined in fragrance".
And I could not resist adding a cheeky vintage image too as shown. The flower postage stamps were the finishing touch. They were chosen because their colours went perfectly with the background.
Finally the shapes were outlined with black and white marker pens as well as water soluble oil pastels. And I did some flower doodling on the pages too.

1 comment:

peggy gatto said...

This is a favorite!
Reminds me in part of Marc Chagall!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails