Sunday 31 January 2016

Dream Big

It's week 5 of 2016 already. Imagine that! And I haven't been anywhere apart from the village. Instead I have been concentrating on getting that large quilt I have been working on for what feels like centuries finished. It's almost there and I hope to escape the house tomorrow for a trip into the Borders. In the meantime this is my contribution for Colour Me Positive where the theme this week was: Dream Big, and the art challenge: use bold colours on your page. Not something you have to tell me twice! I had a lot of fun with these pages. First of all by selecting all those bright colours for the background.  Then I used the Deconstructed Flower Bouquet stencil from Stencilgirl on the coloured squares.
I collaged on the figure by using a cutting from a fashion magazine, outlining it on a piece of gelli plate printed paper, cutting that out and adding it to the page. At first I left the face empty but in the end decided it really needed to be there so glued that on from the original magazine image. I added a punched heart shape in two sizes..
The other collaged piece was a bed. One in which I imagined you would dream big! The rubber stamped quotations are from Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous (see above) and by Invoke Arts (see below).
The final steps consisted of outlining with black and white markers as well as a gold pen and water soluble oil markers, splashing with red ink and adding the red postage stamps.

2 comments:

Maggi said...

I love all of the color on this spread! I can't believe it's February already! lol

Linda Kunsman said...

fabulous mosaic of colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails