Saturday 9 January 2016

Pictures of a Winter Wonder Land

The promised snow finally arrived late yesterday afternoon and then some more fell overnight so this morning the garden and the old railway path were draped in whiteness, much to my delight.

The world immediately looked so much more romantic and lovely, even though it was freezing cold.

The snow on the old railway path was already covered in tracks from a variety of wildlife. I'm not that good with the details of exactly which animals had been out and about, but I did see some deer far away in the distance. They gazed at me for a short moment and then disappeared quickly into the wood. No time to take a picture.

The cows in the neighbouring field however stood still and looked at me in wonder. It must be the first time they have seen snow. They didn't seem to know what to make of it. I think they sleep in a shed and are let out in the mornings. Must be hard to find a blade of grass to eat underneath the blanket of snow.

There was a pink glow in the distance which threw pastel tints over the landscape.

Apparently there is more snow on the way!

 

6 comments:

Dotty said...

Looks chilly & beautiful!

Dawn C. said...

Beautiful winter photos. I love the pink pastel color of sky in the background.

creativelenna said...

So pretty. I have not seen any snow in person for a while! I love the photos you took with the soft pink glow . . .

HareBrain said...

Gorgeous snowy scenes.

theresa martin said...

Lovely photos Frieda. The pink glow with the pastel lavender is beautiful. Thanks for taking us on the journey.

Linda Kunsman said...

really beautiful scenery Frieda!! I may be seeing some of the same for the first time this season very soon...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails