Tuesday 9 February 2016

Finally Finished

This is a very small detail from a quilt finished yesterday that I have provisionally named Troubled Waters, mainly because it has given me a lot of trouble! You will see the finished quilt as soon as it goes off to it's first exhibition but I haven't quite decided when and where this will be.

It missed the deadline for the exhibition it was meant to go to. I could have made it on time if I had done more machine quilting than hand work but the quilt deserved the effort of hand quilting and embellishing. Then I considered another competition but for that one I would have had to cut it down considerably to meet the size requirements and again I felt it already was the size it was meant to be. So I made an executive decision to simply proceed with it and make it in the way I wanted to, and then look out for somewhere to enter it when the opportunity presents itself.

It's great to finally be done with this one, I have to admit. Although I'm not displeased with the end result the making of it was a very up and down affair and looking back  I have been working on this quilt for 5 months and being able to put a label and sleeve on it after all that time was quite a relief.

I have taken time today to add a QUILTS page to this blog. You can see the Tab at the top. It takes you to an overview (in reverse chronological order) of some of my prizewinning quilts over the years.

8 comments:

Maggi said...

Congrats on finishing! Sometimes that is half the battle. lol I'm sure you'll find the perfect place to send it!

Beth in IL said...

I love the colors and look forward to seeing the whole thing.

Linda Kunsman said...

just that detail alone is quite stunning Frieda. And I KNOW you will find the perfect place to enter this piece.

peggy gatto said...

Lovely shades!!! Now I am off to see your other quilts!

Bea said...

I looked at all of your quilts and love them. Wish I could touch them...b

Bea said...

Love all of your quilts. Wish I could touch them...b

creativelenna said...

This looks so yummy, Frieda. Look forward to seeing more in due time. And I had just discovered your new Quilt page right before reading your mention of it, ha! It looks fantastic and I feel honored to have seen some of them in person. What you have shared shows an incredible about of work & creativity! xoxox

Muriel said...

Gorgeous colours, a tantalising taster of more to come. Looking forward to seeing the whole quilt.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails