Thursday 24 March 2016

A dangerous young lady


It's great to be back as a Guest Designer for Stencilgirl Products this year and I want to say a huge thank you to them for having me. 

This project is a challenge to make as many pages as you want to, with just ONE stencil and a gelli plate. In fact I've got so much material left that didn't make it into these pages, that I can use for future projects. I have already done so as you can see on my post from yesterday with the daisies. 

I used a particularly versatile stencil for my pages (L400 Letter Mania). I was going to make only one page for this project but experimented with collaging rectangular and cut pieces on one page and torn ones on the other and it seemed a good idea to continue to work on both. 

There is a step-by-step tutorial for these two pages on the Stencilgirl Talk website today 
Above the two individual pages before I added them to my large (16 x 22") vintage ledger after gessoing the background black as you can see at the top of this post. I'm glad I decided to finish both pages as they look good together as a spread.

And here are some details:
Originally this figure had an abstract patterned head but I didn't like that look and decided to give her a face from the painting The Nymphs of Spring by Lucas Cranach the Elder. She seems to be happy with it.
There is a look of spring about these pages, reflecting the spring like conditions outside. It might be raining a bit but that also helps with plants rapidly appearing out of their winter hibernation. It puts a real spring in my step too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails