Wednesday 23 March 2016

My Past

This week I'm trying to get ahead of myself and so there is a lot of art here. I keep telling myself I will only be gone for a week but somehow there is a sense of urgency to make sure I have posted all the projects I'm doing so that hopefully I won't be overwhelmed with posts I want to do once I'm back again.

I also took another short cut this week as I'm combining a spread for my Wanderlust 2016 book with a class on Life Book 2016 this week. And because it is the result of a class you won't be getting detailed info about how these pages were made.

The latest theme for our Wanderlust 2016 book was: My Past. I'm working in a small (pages are 5 x 7") Vintage Vanity Art Journal by Prima, designed by Finnabair which has those rings to hold it together. The class on Life Book was by Rae Missigman and I followed her class pretty closely.

To stay with the theme however I added an image of myself (aged approx. 16) at top right and I also added the text: "The past is a foreign country, they do things differently there". In my case that is literally true.

I used stencils by Stencilgirl Products (The Doodle It Daisy one, and the Deconstructed Double Zinnia Mask and Stencil). The circular rubber stamp with the black dots is from a set called Wired by Stampendous, designed by Nat Kalbach.

I'm quite pleased with the end result and have started to realize that I am working much freer in this small journal than in some of my larger ones so maybe this small size is for me after all.

2 comments:

creativelenna said...

Love it and I could sense your freeness before I even read about it - bravo!

mraasina said...

a fresh vitality here...change is afoot, thank you for sharing

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails