Tuesday 29 March 2016

Random pictures from New York

I will be filling in my New York posts with text gradually to remind myself as well as you what we did on the day. We flew out with Virgin Airlines on Tuesday morning the 29th March and landed on Tuesday late afternoon when we were collected and taken by bus to our hotel as part of the trip I won by making a quilt for a competition in the British Patchwork and Quilting Magazine. The trip was geared to quilting and textiles and was orgazined by P & Q Tours. It was led by our indefatigable guide Judi Mendelssohn.

The first thing that struck me during our bus ride to the hotel were all the reflections and it turned out that the above one I took from a driving bus is my favourite out of all the ones I took during the trip.

We eventually arrived at our hotel (Hampton Inn Times Square South) in the middle of the Garment District of New York in 39th Street West. I just managed to grabbed some more pictures including the one shown below of the back of a police car. We subsequently saw many more and I felt more safe in New York than many other big cities.

We finished off the long day with a meal in an Irish pub and went to bed to have some rest before what proved to be a very action packed week!

 

3 comments:

peggy gatto said...

R u there?????
If so, have fun!!!!

Muriel said...

Fab photos!!

Linda Kunsman said...

OMG had no idea you were actually in NYC until LuAnn told me today!!! So wish I would have known because LuAnn and I could have taken a bus into the city and met you there...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails