Tuesday 22 March 2016

Small Pleasures

We are still continuing with the March theme of: Seeking Treasure - finding value in the small things on The Documented Life Project 2016. Our art challenge this week is: use arrows as your focal point.

This spread (in my 8 x 8" Dylusions art journal) came together like a dream, mainly because I had just the right materials to hand, specially a selection of very appropriate stencils from Stencilgirl Products.

For the arrows I used the Go Your Own Way Arrows stencil and the Kilim Patterns one. I used them in the background and slowly worked my way to the foreground, using the same stencils with black and white acrylic paint. The addition of the words felt like it was meant to be and I used the Are We There Yet stencil for those.

It was a small step to go from Seeking Treasures to Small Pleasures (at least in my mind) and I added the quotation by Normal Lear: "Life is made up of small pleasures".

Isn't it strange how we start to doubt ourselves when things seem to be too easy? I started to doubt myself and thought about what else I could add but eventually realized that the spread was done! So I signed it off and will admit to loving the colours. It also came to me that these pages point towards my upcoming journey.

2 comments:

Mary C. Nasser said...

Love this, Frieda! Thank you so much for choosing to incorporate my stencil! :) Made my day!

anna said...

Wonderful, Frieda! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails