Friday 8 April 2016

April Journal Quilt

During my absence a new month began and that means it's time to show you my April Journal Quilt sized 8 x 10". The size was set by the Contemporary Quilt Group for their journal quilt challenge. The requirement is also that we add a purple patch to the first 4 JQs this year, this being the last one. You can see it middle row on the right, and also elsewhere.
I'm using tweed and tartan fabrics for all my journal quilts this year (most from LochCarron Woollen Mill in Selkirk), which are temperamental to work with but give the finished piece a lovely soft feel. There are raw edges but they are hold down with lots of hand quilting.
And of course I have added lots of beads as well as vintage buttons. I have replenished my bead supply in New York which is reassuring to know! I even managed to pick up some beautiful buttons.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails