Wednesday 13 April 2016

Hope is like the Sun

Week 14 of Colour Me Positive came up while we were in New York but I didn't want to miss a week so after posting week 15 here a few days ago I went back to my A4 Dylusions sketchbook and worked on the prompt and art challenge for week 14. The prompt was: hope, and the art challenge to add glitter. Not something that you have to tell me twice!

The background was done with my happy hot colours and a bit of blue. I used the Mod Ovals and Circles large stencil from Stencilgirl as well as the small Juxta Pose one. Collage with vintage papers was added and I stamped the circular image (from Nathalie Kalbach's Mish Mesh stamp set by Stampendous) onto the background using a blue inkpad.

The sun was punched from a previously gelli plate printed paper and glued on, as was the meditating figure which came from one of the Sunday papers this weekend.

The quote: "Hope is like the sun which, as we journey towards it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us", by Samuel Smiles  (what a great last name that is!) was printed onto vintage paper from an old book, using my computer.

The final step was to outline with black and white as well as gold markers. I used some Martha Stewart glitter paint in gold on the background for the art challenge part. It's hard to see but perhaps you can just glimpse the sparkle. In reality the entire spread twinkles back at me.

2 comments:

Cally said...

That's beautiful. I just needed that quote today, thank you, and it is perfectly portrayed in your art. And such a very wonderful name - Samuel Smiles - just that alone makes me smile too. If ever I have reason to change my name, it will be to 'Cally Smiles' - so much better than 'Cally Brown'!

anna said...

Oh, how I love this! I can see the glitter! Love how you work everything into a beautiful layout!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails