Monday 13 June 2016

Dawyck in the Rain

My camera and I went on a date to Dawyck Botanical Gardens. I had a feeling that the Rhododendron and Azalea Walk would be nearing it's best and that proved to be the case. Sadly the weather wasn't very cooperative. Fortunately there wasn't anyone else about as I wrestled with my handbag, an umbrella (to protect the camera rather than me) as well as the camera. Here are the resulting pictures (or rather a selection of the best ones I took) in the order they were taken.



Blue and very wet poppy


Iris

Wild Orchid


This one has a fabulous scent


And this is my favourite colour scheme. 

4 comments:

Terri said...

Oh wow, just gorgeous! Sorry the weather wasn't good. But your pics looks lovely to me. I have been away a while but am glad to be back visiting you.
Hugs,
Terri

Linda Kunsman said...

absolutely gorgeous photos Frieda!! thank you for braving the rain to get such captivating blooms!

Jewels said...

Just beautiful Frieda! I'm sure the plants were happy for the rain lol :)

Dawn C. said...

These are beautiful photos. I believe the clouds and rain just intensifies the lovely colors! Thank you for sharing these.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails