Sunday 12 June 2016

Lose Sight of the Shore

The new prompt for Colour Me Positive was: courage. I used the same quotation as they did for my spread. It's by Andre Gide and reads: "Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore".  The art challenge was to add a boat to our spread.

I started making the background to represent those oceans using a variety of blue acrylics and the Ripple Effect stencil by Stencilgirl. For the waves I found the Postage Stamp stencil from The Crafters' Workshop. It also had those bubbles you can see all over the spread.

A rubber stamp (designed by France Papillon for Stampotique) was added to the mix. I really like the spiral shape and you will have seen it before on some of my art journal pages.

Then the hunt was on for collage images of ships and I also added a rather exotic looking fish. I discovered I had an image of a coastline in my stash. I believe this is part of the Cornish coast and it fitted the purpose perfectly as did the imagery on Tim Holtz's tissue wrap Postale.

Where there is one fish there must be more and I found them on postage stamps from Cuba. Love the look of them.

This spread made me long to be by the seaside!

1 comment:

Terri said...

Frieda, this is delightful! I love the promt, and think your ocean blue art captures the imagination. Those Cuban stamps are just the right look, the coloring is fab.
Hugs,
Terri

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails