Friday 22 July 2016

Learn to Let Go

The second prompt for July on Wanderlust 2016 was: What do I want to learn. I can tell you that the list is endless! And there is no way I can possibly fit it into one lifespan. However the first thing that came to mind and that I think is therefore one of my main issues is to: Learn to let go. And that includes letting go of some of those things I still want to learn.

I also found a quotation that exactly caught what I wanted to convey. It says: "There are things we don't want to happen, but have to accept. Things we don't want to know, but have to learn. And people we can't live without but have to let go". (Jennifer Jareau).

I worked as always for Wanderlust this year in the Vintage Vanity art journal by Prima and have reached the pages that have a pattern on them as you can just about still see around the rings. I did however gesso over most of the spread so that the pattern disappeared. The background was done by collaging pieces of gold patterned paper to the background as well as tissue wrap from Tim Holtz.

I used stencil S309 Juxtapose for the background and when I was happy with the result added more collage in the form of the black circles which were stencilling onto deli paper (using the L301 Circles Circles stencil). This is also when I added the quotations, that were printed out using the computer/printer.

The black circles were stamped on using an art foamie,  Polka Dots designed by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer and I also used a rubber stamp with diagonal lines. Then I added more words using the S214 Past Present Future stencil and also used that same stencil to add more texture and circles with white paint. I finished the spread with some black and white outlining.

This post means I have caught up with showing my Wanderlust spreads here on the blog. We get two prompts per month and this was the second one for July.

2 comments:

peggy gatto said...

Lovely pages. Thank you!!

Linda Kunsman said...

brilliant spread! there is always so much to take in with your art and I love that.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails