Thursday 7 July 2016

Say Yes to Discovery

There is a new theme on The Documented Life Project 2016 for July. It is: vote yes - saying yes to new experiences. To be honest it is rather close to the theme for June which told us to unravel the past - embrace new beginnings. I have said yes to many things over the years and I'm beginning to appreciate the need to say no occasionally, so I was not as in tune with this theme as I might have been. But new experiences are always a good thing so I concentrated to that.

Our art challenge was to add texture in any way. The main way for my pages (done in the 8 x 8" Dylusions art journal) is visual texture but there is also some actual texture in the form of deli paper stamped with a pod pattern through a stencil (L043 Pods) and collaged onto the pages.

The visual texture was achieved with various different sizes of sequin waste to make circles in the background and it wasn't till the background was done that I realized how patriotic the colours were whether you are Dutch, British or American. It was after all the 4th July recently.

To start the adventure I choose a vintage vehicle to take me there and I rode off into the sunset (or perhaps it's the dawn!) in it accompanied by some bikers beckoned on by the mysterious tree (stencil L357 Windswept Tree by Stencilgirl) that was added with black spray paint (Liquitex).

I also used some rubber stamping in the background as well as the "and so the adventure begins" stamp from EEA01 stencil designed by Everything Art for PaperArtsy.

The sun was marked out and filled in with yellow transparent paint and outlined with a water soluble oil pastel. I stencilled on the word DISCOVERY ( S304 Text and Texture Discovery Stencil) and wrote on the following quotation by Meister Eckhart: "And suddenly you know: it's time to start something new and trust the magic of new beginnings". 

1 comment:

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Love your humor.........love the mystery bikers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails