Wednesday 3 August 2016

Add Sparkle


This week's prompt on Colour Me Positive was: Sparkle. The art challenge told us to use something sparkly on our pages. My personal sparkle took an unauthorized leave of absence on the 24th June and although she has tried to return several times since then, events forced her to stay away. I'm trying to entice her back but so far with limited success.

However adding sparkle to my spread (in the A4 Dylusions art journal) might speed up her return, I hope.

I started these pages (they were already covered in blue paint when I began work) by collaging on some pieces of a very textural wallpaper as well as pieces of Tim Holtz's butterfly themed tissue wrap and also deli paper previously stencilled using the November 2014 large stencil from the Stencilgirl Club. 

I added colour using two of the new Dylusions paint colours, just ou,t and then set to work with stencils (all from Stencilgirl) and the Polka Dot art foamie (designed by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer for Artfoamies). I have lost sight of some of the stencils I used but they included the small sunburst from the August 2015 Club, the medium one from January 2015 Club as well as L438 Stylized Fireworks. The stars come from this stencil too. They were outlined with a sparkly gel pen.

Then it was time to add the sparkle in the shape of metallic paints and mica sprays. As ever it's hard to get the sparkly effect on the pictures but in real life the spread glitters very satisfyingly.

I used the quote: "When in doubt, add sparkle" for the pages and partly wrote, partly stencilled on the words as shown.

2 comments:

anna said...

Oh my oh my! Beautiful textures!! I pray your sparkle will return soon!

Linda Kunsman said...

gorgeous colors, textures and sparkle Frieda!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails