Thursday 4 August 2016

The Time is Now

Last Saturday, when the theme and art challenge were set on The Documented Life Project 2016, it was still July and thus we were once more (and for the last time! hurray) faced with the July theme of: Vote Yes - saying yes to new experiences. The art challenge was to layer two favourite stencils. And why stick with two? I went for new experiences and layered about five although not all at the same time.

I started with gessoed pages onto which some illustrations from a vintage technical drawing book were collaged.

I used so many stencils that I have sort of lost the plot of which ones exactly. But to the best of my knowledge small and large circles  on sequin waste were added to the background. After that I used white and blue Liquitex paint spray and stencil L316 Rembrandt's Words from Stencilgirl to added some unreadable writing.

I used one of MaryBeth Shaw's grid stencils layered with L436 Garden Dreams to add the black pattern. More lettering was added with L361 Are We There Yet stencil in such a way that only letters but no words can be seen.

Finally the white circles were added. I could have done this in various ways but in this case used stencil L412 Alternating Circles. My quotation for this week was written inside. It says: "The best time for new experiences is now". Normally I agree but at the moment I would be very content to maintain the status quo for a bit! Too many new experiences are too much of a good thing, once in a while.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an inspiring August theme coming up on Saturday.

1 comment:

peggy gatto said...

Really luscious layouts and layers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails