Wednesday 31 August 2016

Make No Count

This is our last week of saying no, at least as far as the theme on The Documented Life Project 2016 is concerned. Our art challenge was to highlight our favourite number on the pages. I'm going to do these posts about art journalling slightly differently from now on, giving you lists of the techniques I used as well as the supplies.

My posts were getting slightly boring, always going on about the same things as truly I don't do much that is revolutionary on my spreads. I will however continue to do step by step tutorials for my projects as Guest Designer for Stencilgirl Products and you can find all of them on the Stencilgirl Talk site (search for me by name). In fact, I highly recommend this site for information and tutorials about art journalling and stencilling by all manner of very talented artists.
My favourite number is 8; who could resist a number that has two circles?! It's spread liberally over the pages as you can see.
 Techniques used: painting, stencilling, rubber stamping, collage and outlining
Materials used: acrylic paints,  Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap Postage, Tim Holtz diamond shape stamp,  large stencil from the December 2014 Stencilgirl Club, stencil M100 Stencil Font 4 x 4and stencil S396 Make It Count, black and white markers, self-adhesive numbers.
The quotation I wrote on the page reads: "Say no to the demands of the world. Say yes to the longings of your own heart" by Jonathan Rockwood Huie.

2 comments:

anna said...

It's fantastic, Frieda! :)

Linda Kunsman said...

yummy layers and colors!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails