Sunday 4 September 2016

Trip of a Life Time

 t was a very happy discovery to find that this week's prompt on Colour Me Positive was: Travel. This gave me an opportunity to use some of the many photographs I took during our New York visit earlier this year! I used one of the Chrysler Building and the other one of the view over Turtle Pond in Central Park, both bringing back many happy memories.  I found a quotation by Brenna Smith that says; "Travel...the best way to be lost...and found...all at the same time" and wrote it on the postcard.
The spread was done in my A4 Dylusions art journal and it went through many transformations in the process. I collaged on some vintage papers (you can still see them in some places) but wasn't happy with the effect so collaged over them again, this time with Tim Holtz's tissue wrap. You can barely see the stencil that I used in the background originally as I went over it so many times with other stencils and paint so if it isn't visible any more I am not mentioning it in my supply list. The figure too has been glued over another figure that just didn't do it for me. In fact I kept changing my mind all the time while working. This wasn't anything to do with the spread but with with a restless mind that was thinking of other things. But in the end the spread came to a conclusion that I'm sort of content with.
 Techniques used: collage and stencilling.
Materials used: acrylic paints, photographs, Tim Holtz's Tissue Wrap Postale, vintage paper, stencil S191 Open Buildings from Stencilgirl Products, the medium stencil from June 2016 Stencilgirl Club and L361 Art We There Yet.. For the postcard I used stencil TCW109 Postage Stamp by The Crafters' Workshop. postage stamps

1 comment:

Muriel said...

Gorgeous spread evoking memories of New York.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails