Saturday 3 September 2016

Love Colour

This is the next spread for August in my Vintage Vanity art journal for Wanderlust 2016. I thought I might as well get on with posting this so that at least temporary, I'm up to date here on the blog. Our second prompt for the month was: three colours I need today. My first thought was: only three, I need all colours every day! So I went with 3 primaries: cadmium red light, light blue and lemon yellow. Love the resulting high tones.
 Techniques used: collage, rubber stamping, stencilling, outlining with markers, adding stencilled deli paper.
 Materials used: acrylic paint and ink,  vintage paper, deli paper, rubber stamp sheet from ImpressMeNow, Grunge Cling stamp set from Nathalie Kalbach, as well as the Imagine, Inspire, Dream stamp from Inkadinkado. I also used the following stencils from Stencilgirl Products: L301 Circles Circles on the deli paper, the medium stencil from October 2015 Stencilgirl Club, the smallest stencil from August 2014 Club and S261 Fridge Poetry stencil for the text.
 The spread was done on the textured pages that already were in the art journal. In this case they are music sheet imagery which just peeks through here and there.
I also wrote the name of the colours I used on the spread. 

3 comments:

Jewels said...

Love all the layers and your wonderful colour combo :)

creativelenna said...

wonderful, Frieda!

Muriel said...

Red, yellow and blue - a perfect choice! A lovely vibrant spread!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails