Tuesday 13 September 2016

We are Accountable

As the tropical weather hasn't reached Scotland (although it is quite warm for here, no sun though) I thought I would go straight on and share more art. And tomorrow is my day as Guest Designer for Stencilgirl Products so you can expect even more.  On the Documented Life Project 2016 we are continuing with the September theme of: Roll Call - being accountable. The art challenge was to add stitching but the project means you to do it onto a card. As I'm working in an 8 x 8" Dylusions art journal this is not too practical so I'm ignoring it this week.
 I found a quotation by Moliere that spoke to me. It says: "It is not what we do, but also what we do not do for which we are accountable". 
 Techniques used: collage which included the figure, the vintage map pieces as well as the black circles and squares that come from a piece of hand made paper. I also used rubber stamping and stencilling as well as outlining with black and white markers and water soluble oil pastels.
Tools used: rubber stamping with pieces from the Marks stamp set designed by Nathalie Kalbach, I used the following stencils from Stencilgirl: the large stencil from August 2014 Stencilgirl Club, M081 Rows of TrianglesL316 Rembrandt's Words and S047 Mandala #6. I used acrylic paints and for the mandalas Radiant Gel in red.

The text as well as the pages themselves were outlined using a dark blue stamp pad.

1 comment:

Linda Kunsman said...

love this journal spread along with that marvelous quote!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails