Friday 11 November 2016

The End of an Era

The news of Leonard Cohen's death after what has already been  a shocking week feels like the end of an era, like life as we have known it is changing forever. At least we will still have his songs which have always had a timeless quality for me.
They have accompanied me through life's changes and I listen to his songs at least weekly and mostly more often. They make me cry but lift me up too, if that makes any sense.
Here is the link to my most favourite song, Anthem,  accompanied by the most amazingly beautiful imagery. I could listen to just this song for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

Muriel said...

I've been away and am catching up with life again, both online and back home. I was heartbroken to hear about the death of Leonard Cohen and, interestingly, have chosen Anthem to include in my tribute too.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails