Sunday 15 January 2017

The Power

The first prompt for 2017 on Colour Me Positive 2017 was: Power. I know I mentioned I wasn't going to continue with CMP but somehow I seem to  have grasped my art journal (A4 Dylusions) and set to, probably encouraged by the fact that I won a pack of collage papers for my contribution in week 53. It's winging it's way to me from Australia! The other factor is that sometimes I just want to immerse myself in art journalling. In any case I found a great quotation by Joseph Stalin: "I believe in one thing only: the power of human will". Stalin wasn't a man who lived up to his own quotations much but this one has always spoken to me, regardless of the person who said it.
I used collage with a magazine image, vintage text, wallpaper segments and postage stamps (from the USSR, of course!).
 The background was done with stencilling using L450 Fantasia stencil by Stencilgirl and rubber stamping with the Circles and Dots stamp from Carabelle Studio. Acrylic ink was dripped down the pages as well.
 The text was rubber stamped too using an alphabet set apart from the word POWER, which is collaged.
I'm coming to the end of this particular art journal so the pages are not lying quite flat any more hence the photography on the slant!

1 comment:

creativelenna said...

I love how you just followed the pull to work in your journal and I love your results! xo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails