Friday 24 March 2017

Opening Wide

This week's prompt on Joggles Art Journal Adventures was: opening. The interpretation was left entirely to everyone individually. I like such prompts as it gives me a reason to start some research on suitable quotations and I was very lucky to find the one I used that reads: "By opening wide the doors of our hearts, we can broaden our horizons". 
The entire spread (in a small 6 x 8" journal) emerged from those words. First of all I made a horizon. Below it is water and the background for that was made with various blue paints, some blue marbled paper, and stencil S107 Zen Landscape stencil by Stencilgirl Products.  I also used some rubber stamping.  The sky was done with pastel acrylic paints and gelatos.
I wanted to have a heart on the page to relate to the quotation and I wanted that heart to open. I used a previously gelli plate printed piece of paper to cut the heart out from, and then adhered it to the pages using pieces of turquoise washi tape as hinges (see above). I wrote some more words inside also relating to opening.
The quotation itself was printed out onto white paper using the computer, and glued on (with a glue stick) and the words were outlined with a black Stabilo All pencil. I added blue to the edges of the heart as well as the pages with an ink pad.

I rather like how this one turned out and how the words gave me the inspiration for the entire look of the pages.

3 comments:

creativelenna said...

This interpretation and resulting spread is so lovely!

peggy gatto said...

Avery lovely design (again)!

Linda Kunsman said...

a great quote and beautiful journal spread!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails