Friday 24 November 2017

Gratitude

 Thanksgiving was the prompt on Joggles Art Journal Adventures this week and this spread in an A5 sized journal was finished yesterday on Thanksgiving Day. I found a quotation I liked by Brother David Steindl-Rast and illustrated that in "happy" colours. For the background I used the L402 Verdant Moon stencil by Stencilgirl Products
Once happy with how it looked the vintage text was added to form a bench the figure (from Flow Magazine) could sit on. The butterfly came from a wrapping paper and I found the flower themed postage stamps in my stash. At the moment most of my collage materials are not where they should be as we are painting my "paint" studio and I'm a bit restricted by what I can find. But the various elements worked well together.

 The text of the quotation was partly cut from magazines and partly stamped onto vintage paper using a variety of alphabet stamp sets. The pages were framed with a black Stabilo All pencil and a wiggly line.
Finally here is a link to a video by David Steindl-Rast which illustrates what I wanted to convey with this spread so much better in both images and words.

1 comment:

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh I do love that quote, and what beautiful colors and representation of it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails