Friday 2 February 2018

This too shall pass

Surprisingly we have already reached the second month of the year and it's time to share my next Stencilgirl Project with you. No idea what happened to January but it felt like being in a snow drift.

February is such a non-descript month. All the festivities from January are safely behind us and spring is still some distance away. Here in the Scottish Borders February tends to be a grey and wet month with the occasional white (snow) highlight. I have to say that it started white this year in the shape of both snow and ice! And there is more on the way apparently.

I usually feel melancholy and sad during this month, and as a reaction my art becomes more colourful because I long for brightness. That’s how this project originated with the faces looking both ways, back towards winter and forwards to spring.

As usual when I am Stencilgirl's Guest Designer you can find a full step-by-step tutorial for this spread (in a 9 x 9" journal) on their Stencilgirl Talk site, together with information about all the stencils I used.
I stamped on the text as you can see and was forced to use a variety of alphabet stamp sets I have, because not a single one seemed to be complete. HoweverI have taken to this mixed alphabet look a lot, so you will see more of it.
If you are a regular reader of this blog (Thank You!) you may realise that I have used face images before but always from magazines. It's such a treat to now have a stencil that gives you the face silhouette ready to use. No tedious cutting out involved! It is from the large stencil of the December 2017 Stencilgirl Club. That means it's an exclusive stencil for Club members only. But you can still acquire it by joining the Club (and get monthly issues of gorgeous stencils, not available in the Stencilgirl shop but only to members) and ordering from the back catalogue!

2 comments:

peggy gatto said...

Very lovely(again)

Linda Kunsman said...

great visual and I love the vibrant warm and cool colors against each other.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails