Sunday 4 February 2018

Those were the Days

The prompt on Joggles Art Journal Adventures this week was: to include song lyrics or title. I could have chosen from so many favourite songs but the choice was made for me before I started this spread in an A5 sized journal. I am in the process of destashing my "stuff" and have found many items that I had totally forgotten about. The vintage image I used in this spread was one of them. As soon as I saw her I knew she had to be my focal point this week and the song Those were the Days by Mary Hopkin seemed to suit her melancholic and sad look. I love this song from way back when and as I am growing older I understand it better and better.
The background was made using stencil L605 Soulful Scribbles Dots Dash stencil from Stencilgirl Products as well as L606 Soulful Scribbles Flourishes, both designed by Traci Bautista. I added stamping with an art foamie designed by Nathalie Kalbach
The text was added by the same rubber stamping method I mentioned in the post a few days ago using a mix of alphabet stamp sets and a piece of scrapbook paper.
I found text that to me related to the lyrics of the song on a rub on sheet from Tim Holtz and tried to rub it on, not perfectly but so that remnants of text can be seen. The vintage image was glued on and outlined with a black Stabilo All pencil.

1 comment:

Bonnie Irvine said...

This is so poignant and lovely. I love her posture and facial expression combined with those lyrics. She also contrasts so beautifully with the vibrant background which is very cool. I always learn something from your art...the way you have used those rub-ons is inspired. Thanks, Frieda.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails