Tuesday 5 June 2018

The Stencilfied Journal Prompt 1

I have been working away on a secret project and the first part of it can now be revealed. This is an initiative by Tina Walker, called #thestencilfiedjournal. The idea is to use a journal (choice is up to you) and work away on the weekly prompts she will reveal on Mondays for the next 16 weeks (taking us to the middle of September). I was going to work in a Field Note journal (like Tina herself) but in the end decided I wanted to use a bound journal and went for the 9 x 14 cm 1951 Back to Basics journal by Clairefontaine. They are wonderfully sturdy and the journal should be capable of everything Tina wants us to throw at it.
Above is our first prompt (as provided by Tina) and I started with a 2 page spread right in the centre of the journal meaning I can go any way I want. For extra sturdiness I also glued two pages together and gessoed heavily before I began work.
The quotation I used is by Andy Warhol and was collaged from the Flow calendar last year. For the rest I simply went circle mad. The only requirement Tina set us was to use Stencilgirl® stencils exclusively in this journal. The reason being that this is part of a project she is doing for Stencilgirl®Products.  All will be revealed as far as that is concerned later this year.
I used the following stencils for this spread: L380 Circles Layer Me and M080 Repetition.

Working in this small journal reminded me why I love changing sizes. It somehow provides new inspiration to work on a smaller scale than I usually do. You can of course follow along too and you have till next Monday before the next prompt will be revealed. If you are on Instagram you can see all submissions by following the hashtags #stencilgirl and #thestencilfiedjournal.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails