Tuesday 12 February 2019

Collage 7

This is my latest collage for my #52collage2019 where I am making one collage each week this year in a 5 x 8" Moleskine notebook. I originally started a 30 day collage class with Shelley Klammer and have been re-reading the notes she send me at the time (2015). Among many other things I learned was the idea to look back at the collages you made and think what it could mean. Does it reflect some issues you're dealing with, for instance? Not all collages came with easy answers at the time I made them but looking back I can discern better what had been bothering me at that time. Perhaps it's better to leave them for the moment immediately after they're made and reflect later, perhaps many years later.

In the meantime I'm rediscovering my love for this medium and am enjoying the process. This one, I think, worked out particularly well.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails