Wednesday 21 February 2007

Fabric ATCs






Today I concentrated on making more samples of ATCs for the Purely Patchwork class. I made two of each as I'm teaching at the Loch Lomond Quilt Show in May first and the samples for Purely Patchwork would be in the shop at that time so making 2 made sense. In order not to get too bored with them, they are all slightly different.

For the first two I used as the background a fabric with houses on it. I bought it ages ago at a quilt show somewhere from a New Zealand trader. Not sure if this fabric was actually made there but I have never come across it anywhere since. It comes in white as well but I used the brown colourway for these. The fabric images of the girls are from www.paperwhimsy.com They really suited the image. There is hand embroidery and the binding is a transparent brown ribbon from www.threadart.com. I recently bought these in every colour they do and I simply adore them. They fray very little and look stunning.
For the other two I used images from a fabric inspired by the New England Quilt Museum which had to be used for their ATC exhibition at the Lowell Quilt Show last year. I bought 1 yard so there was plenty left and I've found it a very useful fabric indeed for ATCs. It features a lovely collection of Victorian Scraps printed on the fabric in a variety of sizes. I used the cat for one ATC, on a stamped background of Klimt patterns, added a paper Victorian scrap bird, beading on the collar, and the Mon Minet (my kitty) text from www.artchixstudio.com. The other one also has a stamped background, this time of buttons which I have used before for various other ATCs, as I love the look. The girl and dog are from the same fabric as the cat and I added hand embroidery (French knots), a butterfly charm and a blue heart.




1 comment:

Becky Mairi Farrell said...

The house fabric is amazing and I love what you have done with it. I am going to have to go and buy some of that ribbon too! Stunning.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails