Tuesday 20 February 2007

Troi has new pijamas and more serious art



Today Troi's greyhound PJs arrived from the States as well as her snood, all in tiger stripes. Of course, she had to try them on straight away and doesn't she look gorgeous in them. Mind you, she looks stunning full stop and seems to know it too. She immediately snuggled up on her bean bag and showed the outfit off to her soft toys. Hopefully these will keep her warm during the night so that she does not wake up and wake us up at 3am. If you want a pair too, I've got them from www.greyhoundcoats.com


Now to the art part of today. I've made another Lost Art Creations ATC, called Une Courtisane, with a purple and green collaged background (I needed this for a swap on MailArtbyDesign) and added an inkjet vellum image LAC sheet Dream Girls. Added the French quotation from an old book and some purple ricrac. Love the combination of images in this ATC.

On a roll and decided to use a piece of the same collaged background to make ATC no. 50 for my 100 ATCs project. I'm now well on course as I started last May and am actually making more than 1 per week sometimes. The image is vellum sheet from Bmuse and the Some One I Love (transparency from Artchix) in the title is of course the dog, looks a bit like a greyhound to me but without PJs!




I'm in the process of making some fabric only ATCs as samples for my ATC class in the Purely Patchwork shop in Linlithgow. I'm not due to teach there till June but they like the samples in March so people can see what they sign up for. These have to be more fabric orientated as this is what Purely Patchwork sells!

I had a lot of fun putting these together! For the The more I see ATC I used an image on ExtravOrganza to overlay the pirate fabric, thinking he could be trying to find her in his telescope.




The other one, Home, is a strang mix of elements. The lady image is from www.divasdeste.com and the fish is from a transparency by www.B-muse.com They are both mounted on the compass fabric by stitching and somehow they are both going in the direction of Home if that makes any sense. It does to me!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails