Saturday 10 February 2007

Life and Love LAC Postcard



I finished another piece as the guest artist for Lost Art Creations. This time a postcard. I used a left-over block for a previously made quilt. Cut it to size (4 x 6") and layered it up with Fast2Fuse. I stamped the text (from a Hampton Art Stamp) on a piece of calico (that is muslin for those in USA), cut it to size with pinking shears, and stitched it onto the background by machine. I added running stitch to underline the words, using a variegated thread (www.artfabrik.com). I added the image (from LAC My Love inkjet vellum sheet) and also stitched this into position. I added orange beads by hand around it. Stitched on the orange buttons. Added the metal bit after stamping it with the word Love (using Staz-on black) and held it in position with 3 beads in each opening. Finally I layered pale fabric (for the address etc.) on the back and ironed it down on the Fast2Fuse. Then I stitched around the edges using zigzag stitch and couching down a bubbly yarn (from a LAC mixed fiber pack) at the same time.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails