Tuesday 27 March 2007

Lucky no. 7


I'm busily working away on a Journal Quilt but also found time to make a card for the lottery on the Mailartbydesign Yahoo group. This time our theme is no. 7. I used a fabric collage I had cut out a long time ago with an old photograph which came with a mixed pack of ephemera I bought on Ebay. I could not help wondering what had become of this little girl, who was so young in what I guessed were the fifties.

I found a 7 of Spades quotation (from Artchix) telling about making a short journey and added a small picture of the Notre Dame in Paris, then overlayed the card with a transparency of a French banknote (Altered Pages. I did not want her face to disappear in the zigzag I usually do around the edges so simply stitched the card onto a background card using straight stitching.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails