Saturday 24 March 2007

More ATCs for my 100 ATC project

I've been madly working away on various ATC swaps today so that I won't fall behind when I go to Holland to see my mother for a week, leaving the day after Easter. First I finished the Pink Swap cards organized by LuAnn for Artchix studio. I made 6 for the swap and the 7th one became ATC no.55 in my 100 ATC projcet, called Love that blooms. I love the pink German scrap at the bottom. Apparently Artchixstudio ran out of it as soon as they uploaded it to their shop, it was so popular and I can easily understand why!! After these I went a lot darker and worked on the Brown and Raspberry Swap for the Mailartbydesign Yahoo Swap. I used images from Lost Art Creations for these and a fabric collage I made specially for this purpose last night. As background I used a sumptious velvet like fabric I bought the other day in the Cabbage Patch shop. It's just gorgeous and I've got a nice large piece of it! I made 4 cards for the swap and then made another one to form ATC no. 56 in my 100 ATC project. Normally I would not make 2 in one day but I know that I'm going to be working on adding the border to a large quilt next week and then tacking it to beginning hand quilting so it will be a while before I allow myself to "play" again! The image on this card is from the Unadorned LAC sheet and the text comes from an LAC vintage text pack. I've used Sepia Accents on the text, really like the effect.
Finally one of John's colleagues in Forth Navigation saw the picture of Troi on my blog and send me the following poem via John. Of course I had to take another picture of my "baby" to go with it. Here is the poem:
Now I lay me down to sleep,
The king-size bed is soft and deep...
I sleep right in the centre groove
My human being can hardly move!
I've trapped her legs, she's tucked in tight
And here is where I pass the night
No one disturbs me or dares intrude
Till morning comes and "I want food"!
I sneak up slowly to begin
my nibbles on my human's chin.
She wakes up quickly,
I have sharp teeth -
I'm a puppy, don't you see?
For the morning's here
and it's time to play
I always seem to get my way
So thank you Lord for giving me
This human person that I see
The one who hugs and holds me tight
And shares her bed with me at night!

and yes, indeed, she does and so does her brother Rueben, although he only takes a tiny bit of the bed together with me, so Her Majesty can spread herself out with her spiky legs going in all directions!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails