Sunday 13 May 2007

It's a blue day!!

I've been working away on yet more samples for my upcoming ATC class at the Loch Lomond Show and at the same time getting some ATCs done for various swaps. These two are for an Under the Sea Fabric ATC swap on www.atcards.com hosted by Carol who is my favourite hostess. So organized even though her swaps are usually huge. You will recognize the background as the one I made for the mermaid swap cards I showed you some days ago. This time I fuzzy cut some lovely fish from a fabric I had already, added this to the background with gold stitching, added a shiny "air" droplet and also a silver charm of a seahorse I bought on Ebay. I added some additional fiber on top of the fishes to give the illusion of them swimming though the deep blue sea.

I am hosting a series of inchies swaps myself, also on the www.atcards.com site. We started with red and now it is the turn for blue so you guessed it, I still had some of the background left and used this for the inchies, together with blue buttons and beads. I finished the edges by overhand sewing around them. Now there really is no more blue background left!
The next inchies swap I will be posting on atcards will be yellow as I plan to go around the colourwheel and I've started work on those already today too!
I also had an e-mail from Helga Strauss, the owner of www.artchixstudio.com , to tell me one of my Floral Beauties will be made into a small card which will be sold on their website. I don't yet know which one it is as I submitted 3 but as soon as I do I will show it to you again. Hurrah!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your inchies are beautiful and the fish fantastic. I'm so disappointed not to be able to get to LL for your atc workshop - your pages have got me addicted. Your class is in for a rare treat. I hope you have a great day.
Fiona

Anonymous said...

Fantastic job Frieda.. Love the touch with the buttons..

creativelenna said...

That is so wonderful Frieda (and not surprising) that one of your floral beauties was chosen for the ARTchix sheet! Your blue ATCs and inchies are fantastic too. I must go check out that ATCcards site, thanks. : ) lenna

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails