Friday 25 May 2007

Journal Quilt 2007 May


Finally, quite late in the month, here is my Journal Quilt for May 2007. I've been much occupied by Journal Quilts lately as I have been asked to judge JQs next year at the Loch Lomond Show. These will be made by members of Region 16 (Scotland) of the Quilters Guild of the British Isles and although I already know it's going to be SO DIFFICULT, I also can't wait to see what everyone will come up with. The participants only have to make 1 JQ on the theme of A Day in the Life...... which is a great title with so many possibilities.


Anyway back to my JQ for May. The background for this one is a slubby silk which I hand-dyed myself. I made a fabric collage for May, incorporating May Pole dancing images as well as flower napkins and sayings about May. I scanned in this collage into my computer and printed out selected areas on linen. This is the first time I've used linen to print out on and I discovered these sheets on www.craftycomputerpaper.co.uk and I love them. The colours come out very clearly and the texture is gorgeous. I made one long image and 3 smaller squares to go next to it. The background silk was seed stitched by hand in a variegated thread, the linen was applied using a machine satin stitch and I beaded around the edges with seed beads as well as along the binding which was an orangy dupion silk. Finally I added some sparkly sequins and charms in the shape of the May letters. Just looking at this one makes me feel warmer!

i

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails