Friday 11 May 2007

Red and White ATCs and ATC no. 60

I did some more sample ATCs for the class I'm teaching next Saturday at the Loch Lomond Show. These are also for the Red + White ATC Swap on the MailartbyDesign Yahoo Group.
While I was working on them I made an extra one for my 100 ATC project.
I started with a red and white batik fabric I bought on Ebay ages ago and ironed this onto Fast2Fuse and free machined quilted around the flower shapes on the fabric. I then used a stamp (free with the Craft Stamper Magazine) about Love to stamp on a piece of frayed white fabric and stitched this onto the background with red thread. I added the face transparency (from Paperwhimsy) on top of this, again with stitching and beaded around the face with red seed beads. I finally added a red button. A white fabric was ironed onto the other side of the Fast2Fuse and I machine zigzagged around the edges with red thread.
Love this face image from Paperwhimsy but I only had 2 so for the 4 Red + White ATCs I had to use 3 flower transparencies from Altered Pages instead to make up the number. Also pretty nice but not half as great as the face in my opinion!

I'm hoping to upload some pictures of the quilts which will be at my solo exhibition at the Loch Lomond show next week and hopefully also some of the exhibition as it looks once we've hung it at the West Kirk in Dumbarton. If you're passing, come in and say hello!
I'm still making more samples and also getting together everything I'll need for the class without having to use a van to transport it all!! Specially as I'm also collecting my large quilts on that day as well as 2 quilts by the Belgian quilter Monique Gilbert which are in the Log Cabin competition. I can't wait to see those myself! More about the show later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Frieda the red and white atc's are stunning. Love them!
Debby

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails