Saturday 14 July 2007

Artcardideas



On the Quiltart List I discovered information about a competition for fabric postcards on the Artcardideas website. Of course I could not resist and entered the 2 cards shown which can also be seen on the Artcardideas site. If you register with your e-mail address on this site, you will get regular updates when new cards are added and of course in due course you will also be able to vote for your favourite which might be mine??!!


The first one is called Forest Lovers and uses a background made by couching a multitude of coloured yarns. I added a fabric image from Alphastamps and beaded around it using some gorgeous beads I bought in Hilversum, the Netherlands when I was visiting my mother. I bought 2 packs but as always I should really have invested in even more as they have become such favourites. The trim I added is from LostArtCreations and seemed to go so well with the entire colourful ensemble. The text comes from a vintage book (called Forest Lovers) to which I added metallic acrylic inks.
The other card is called Paris in the Springtime and uses one of my fabric/paper collaged backgrounds. This one was made using a variety of Paris themed napkins. I added a parasol and handbag to the lady which come from Divasdeste. Also some seed stitching by hand in a variegated thread.
If the cards are in the top 52 they will be used in the Artcard weekly calendar for 2008 and if they are in the top ten, I will get it free. Mind you, I'm going to order it anyway so really I'm playing for fun and because it is an incentive to really put some work into the fabric postcards. I find when I make them for a huge swap (20 cards or so), my enthousiasm really dips so I'm restricting myself to smaller swaps as I make better cards for them!

1 comment:

Janice said...

Love your blog these postcards are beautiful - I am always amazed by just how much work you produce - Janice

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails