Thursday 8 November 2007

A Fabric Postcard and I'm on Virginia's Blog

I was ever so pleased today to find my comments on Virginia's new book Art, Nature, Creativity, Life are figuring on her blog at the moment. I told you about this book in an earlier post. It not only is really beautiful but of course it helps to raise money for the American Cancer Society. You can find out how to get access to this book and see my comments here:


I have been really busy in the past few days and there is a lot to tell you about which I will do in separate posts. Hopefully I'll get around to it all tonight but if not, I'll continue tomorrow!

I made a fabric postcard for a mingle on the CreativeC Yahoo Group on the theme of Thanksgiving. Not an event which is celebrated here in the U.K. but fortunately I found I had one image which I could use. It's from VintageImageMadness and I had already printed it onto adhesive cotton fabric (from Crafty Computer Paper) earlier. I used a fabric I bought from Cabbage Patch Fabrics (I love the unusual fabrics they have!). This one is sort of velvety blue with paler flowers and I free-machined it with a sparkly metallic thread. I added a vintage golden trim (from a Belgium convent via Ebay) and then the Thanksgiving image. I added a flower trim by beading in the centre and also beaded around the image using gold size 11 seed beads. I layered another fabric onto the back (using Mistyfuse) and satin stitched the edges with variegated gold thread.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails