Sunday, 20 January 2008

Rose ATC

I've finally finished my 4 ATCs for the Nature Fabric Swap on the ATcards site. It's really amazing to me how very simple looking ATCs cost so much time to make, a lot longer than some of my much more complicated looking ones. Very strange!

I decided to concentrate on roses for this swap. I made two yellow ones and two pink ones. The background for the pink ones was a velvet fabric which I layered up with batting and quilted with a decorative machine stitch. The yellow backgrond was made by couching yellow threads onto a background of yellow fabric fused onto Fast2Fuse. I then cut the backgrounds to ATC size. I ironed on Bondaweb (or Wonderunder in US speak) to the back of a fabulous rose fabric (I think I bought this in Holland quite some time ago) and cut out individual roses, which I fused onto the quilted background. I added hand stitching to outline the petals.

Finally I added a heart in hand stamp from the Set of Hearts Icons by Alphastamps.

I'm really going to concentrate on catching up with my To Do list. as finally and much later than my self-imposed deadline I've finished one of my large quilts. What a load of my mind and also what a lot of room on my work table!! And what a relief!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will be awhile before I start tackling a quilt that large again! I've received my lovely package from Alphastamps the day before yesterday and can't wait to start playing with it!

No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails