Tuesday 7 October 2008

Arch for Karen


On the OhmyGothic Yahoo group it is time for our latest and in fact our last arches! Karen is getting the Time for Tea arch which could be seen on an earlier post and I finished my second arch for her today. I only needed to put on the back as it was more or less complete before I went to Belfast.

One of Karen's preferred themed was Gothic Architecture and I used one of my photos taken at Rosslyn Chapel printed on fabric (from Crafty Computer Paper) which was put onto a green velvet quilted fabric background. The arch for some reason made me think of knights and I knew I had a suitable image. It just took me awhile to find it but it came from LostArtCreations and was in vellum. I cut it so that I could lead it past the arch and stitched it down. I added a star like charm (also LostArtCreations) at the top and beaded it.

I found suitable text in French: Je ne l'oublie pas (I don't forget it) which in my mind sort of refers to the promise of loyalty knights had to take.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails