Monday 10 November 2008

Gold and Yellow ATC Swap


Just found time today to make ATCs for another swap on the ATCsforAll site. It's on the theme of yellow and gold and they have to be fabric ATCs. They are meant to spread a little ray of sunshine when they are swapped out in January.

As I was working on gold backgrounds (see an earlier post about Marie Antoinette) I cut out a few more ATC sized pieces in gold. I layered hand-dyed yellow torn fabric on top and stitched it down with gold thread.

Then I recycled some old yellow ATCs which I had scanned into my computer back in 2005. They were photo ones and this time I printed them out onto self-adhesive cotton sheets (Crafty Computer Paper) in a smaller size. They formed the additional layer on top of the yellow fabric and I added yellow size 11 seed beads around it and also sewed on a yellow button heart.
The edges of the ATCs were finished with gold satin stitching.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails